Driver Education Information
The driver education program is Brown’s oldest program originating in 1996. This program has been very successful because of the professionalism of great instructors, scheduling availability of drive times and a classroom program that is serious, yet fun. We have approximately 20 to 25 cars in use year-round. Our Driver Education program is certified by the state of Oklahoma.
- Four convenient locations: Midwest City , Mustang / Yukon, Norman and South OKC/Moore
- The fee is $370 and is not due until the first day of class or you may pay when you register on line (credit card, cash, check or money order).
- You will be asked to choose a package when registering that is best for you. The “All Inclusive” is the most popular.
- Students can take our driver education program at age 15, regardless of school grade.
- Students begin with 10 hours of classroom instruction.
- Students have unlimited access to our classes. Students may attend as often as they like to prepare for the written test. Call the office if additional class time is needed.
- Classroom is followed by 6 hours of one-on-one driving instruction – 3 drives, 2 hours each drive behind the wheel.
- NEW : Students have two options; after completing class they can take the written test at DPS or complete our program (10 hours classroom and 6 hours driving) and the state written test can be waived.
- Students will receive a Driving Instruction Report by email the day after every drive. Brown’s is the only school in the state offering comprehensive reports for parents and/or students to track their progress.
- Students can register at our website and schedule drives on-line.
Students come from all over the state because of our ability to handle varying schedules. The power of over 30 instructors and 20 to 25 cars sets us apart. Daytime, evenings or weekends are offered for in-car training 7 days a week.
- Drive times can be scheduled through the Student Login on our website after the second day of class is completed, or students may call the nearest Brown’s office to schedule drives.
- We pick-up and drop off at home or school for each drive (must be within our designated region).
- Parents of students under 18 must sign an affidavit when getting a Learner’s Permit agreeing to ride with teenager for 50 hours of driving (40 daytime, 10 nighttime). The 50 hours of drive time must be completed within 6 months or by the time they turn 18. We strongly recommend students drive daily at home.
Taking the State Road Exam with Brown’s
We are now testing in all 4 locations
- Tests are given in a Brown’s state certified car Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
- Students wishing to take the State Road Exam at Brown’s must have completed a Driver Education program at Brown’s, a state certified driving school, a high school, or a state approved parent taught online driver education course.
- Students under the age of 18 must have an Oklahoma Learner’s Permit for 6 months or until the age of 18 to be eligible to test.
- Students 18 or older must have an Oklahoma Learner’s Permit for 30 days.
- Driving schools are only allowed to test students 3 times. After 3 failures at any driving school, students must be tested at the Department of Public Safety (example: if a student tests at school A and fails, tests at school B and fails, tests at school C and fails, that is considered 3 failures).
- At the time of the test, students must provide their Learner’s Permit, a certificate of completion from their driving school and the test fee. The Learner’s Permit must show the correct name and current address.
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when testing or have a notarized affidavit signed by a parent or legal guardian if a parent is not present. Click here to print the affidavit.
- The test fee for Brown’s students is $40 ($25 for the test and $15 for use of a Brown’s car) and there is NO CHARGE for any re-testing.
- The test fee for Non-Brown’s students is $40 for the first test ($25 for the test and $15 for use of a Brown’s car) and $25 for any re-testing.