The driver education program is Brown’s oldest program originating in 1996. This program has been very successful because of the professionalism of great instructors, scheduling availability of drive times and a classroom program that is serious, yet fun.
Our state-certified Driver Education program begins with 10 hours of classroom instruction at one of our 4 convenient locations. This is followed by 6 hours of one-on-one behind-the-wheel instruction (3 drives of 2 hours each) with one of our 30 professional trained instructors.
ENROLL NOW !
Start class the day you turn 15 and get a head start on the licensing process.
DRIVER TRAINING PLUS TESTING OFFERED
The Basic Driver Education Course
10 hours class & 6 hours driving
- 10 hours classroom at 4 convenient locations
- 6 hours driving (3 drives of 2 hours each in a Brown’s car, with a state certified instructor)
- Driving Test available at Brown’s for an additional fee of $40.00 due on test day (conducted at Brown’s office in a Brown’s car).
Urgent Learner Permit Information
- GREAT NEWS!….the quickest way to get a Learner Permit with no appointment
- Complete the 10 hours of class at Brown’s
- Take the written test at an Oklahoma Vocational Center
- Take the written test results, the Brown’s contract, and your I.D.’s to the Department of Public Safety
If you are in a hurry to get your Learner Permit, and you choose to take the written test at the Department of Public Safety, some DPS Stations are by appointment only, while others take walk-ins. DPS appointments are currently 6-8 weeks out. Rushing to do your 3 drives at Brown’s will not shorten that wait time. Pushing to do your 3 drives immediately will not help you get your Learner Permit more quickly if you choose this method to get the Permit. We are all dependent on how quickly DPS can process applicants. Be patient during these difficult days.
Students come from all over the state because of our ability to handle varying schedules. The power of over 30 instructors and 20 to 25 cars sets us apart. Daytime, evenings or weekends are offered for in-car training 7 days a week.
- Drive times can be scheduled through the Schedule A Drive on our website after the 10 hours of class is completed, or students may call the nearest Brown’s office to schedule drives.
- Brown’s is always 2-3 weeks out on available drive times.
- Important: Due to the Pandemic many students have put off their drives, and many are trying to do drives at the last minute. So we are overwhelmed with requests. Our priority is driving students with Permits who are soon eligible to do the driving test.
- We pick up students at home, school, Brown’s offices, and special meeting locations for students outside our driving area.
- Parents of students under 18 must sign an affidavit when getting a Learner’s Permit agreeing to ride with teenager for 50 hours of driving (40 daytime, 10 nighttime). The 50 hours of drive time must be completed within 6 months or by the time they turn 18. We strongly recommend students drive daily at home.
Items Needed for Class
- A highlighter
- A folder with pockets
- $5.00 for “all you can eat” pizza*
- A Driver Manual is provided at no additional cost (a $7.50 value)
*Outside food is allowed. Students may not leave the facility to eat.
All Following Days
- All items given to them on the first day of class
- $5.00 for “all you can eat” pizza
- Contract (which serves as a receipt) will be sent home with the student at the end of last day of class
8th Grade Reading Proficiency Test
The 8th Grade Reading Proficiency Test is NO longer required when applying for the Learner Permit.
4 Metro Locations
Monday-Thursday: 9am to 4pm
Friday: 9am to 3pm
2839 S. Douglas Blvd,
Midwest City, OK 73130
120 E Trade Center Terrace, Suite 104
Mustang, OK 73064
210 36th Ave SW
Norman, OK 73072
12211 S Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Use this address for all business mailings