Taking the Driving Test with Brown’s
Browns is testing in all 4 locations.
- Tests are given in a Brown’s state certified car Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
- When students take the driving test they may go to a Tag Agency the same day to get the new driver license.
- Students wishing to take the Driving Test at Brown’s must have completed a Driver Education program at Brown’s, a state certified driving school, a public or private school, or a state approved parent taught online driver education course. Students not meeting one of these requirements can test at Browns if 16 1/2 years old or older and if he/she has held a Learner Permit for at least 6 months.
- Students under the age of 18 must have an Oklahoma Learner’s Permit for 6 months or until the age of 18 to be eligible to test.
- Students 18 or older must have an Oklahoma Learner’s Permit for 31 days.
- Driving schools are able to test students an unlimited number of times. After a failure students must wait one day to retest. After 3 failures (at any school or DPS station), students must wait 30 days to retest. (example: if a student tests at DPS and fails, tests at school B and fails, tests at school C and fails, that is considered 3 failures).
- At the time of the test, students must provide their Learner’s Permit, a certificate of completion from their driving school and the test fee. The Learner’s Permit should show the correct name and current address.
- After the driving test, students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the Tag Agency or have a notarized affidavit signed by a parent or legal guardian if a parent is not present.
- The test fee for Brown’s students is $40 and there is NO CHARGE for any re-testing.
- The test fee for Non-Brown’s students is $50 for the first test and $25 for any re-testing…
Click here to view and print instructions for taking the Written Exam and or State Road Exam.
If you are a Brown’s student and need to schedule your Driving Test, complete and submit this form – Brown’s students only. The following information is required in order to be considered. Driving tests are done Monday thru Friday during the morning hours. Complete and submit the following information. Brown’s will contact you within two business days. Your request is not confirmed until you receive word back from the Brown’s office. Submitting multiple requests will result in all requests being denied.
Students under the age of 18 must hold the Learner Permit for 6 months to be eligible to test, or 31 days if 18 or older.
4 Metro Locations
12211 S Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Use this address for all business mailings
Monday-Thursday: 9 am-4 pm
210 36th Ave SW #1D
Norman, OK 73072
Monday-Thursday: 9 am-4 pm
2839 S. Douglas Blvd, Suite 103
Midwest City, OK 73130
Tuesday: 9 am-2:30 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: Closed
120 E Trade Center Terrace, Suite 104
Mustang, OK 73064
Monday-Thursday: 9am to 4 pm