What is the eCourse all about?
Both courses (BRC and BRC2) require completion of an online eCourse given on the Motorcycle Safety Foundation website. This eCourse, which will take you approximately 2.5 hours to complete, MUST be completed before you will receive your course completion card. When you pay for your motorcycle training with Brown’s, you will receive an eCourse code. Brown’s will pay the $19.99 eCourse fee on your behalf (you receive a $19.99 value free).
Which course should I take?
- The BASIC RIDER COURSE (BRC) is geared toward the beginning rider OR the rider who may have laid off riding for a few years. This is the class to take if you want to find out if motorcycle riding is for you or if you wish to polish up on some old skills. A more detailed description can be found by going to the motorcycle information page.This class will waive the state required written and riding test for the “M” endorsement.
- The BASIC RIDER COURSE 2 (BRC 2) is geared toward the experienced rider who has been riding for at least six months on a regular basis. YOU CAN RIDE YOUR OWN BIKE or rent one of our bikes. Exercises are similar to the BRC exercises. This class will waive the state required written and riding test for the “M”endorsement.
When do I pay for the class?
You are not guaranteed a seat in the class until you pay the fee in full. Pay online at our website. The sooner the better. Remember, your fee is non-refundable.
If you have paid for your class you may stop by the Oklahoma City office and pick up our student workbook.
Do I need my own motorcycle?
- Motorcycles are provided for the BRC class. The bikes are lightweight and in excellent condition. Pictures are encouraged…bring your camera.
- Scooters are allowed in both courses. For the BRC your scooter cannot be larger than 500 cc. PROOF OF INSURANCE IS REQUIRED IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN VEHICLE.
- Motorcycles are available to rent for the BRC 2. It is highly recommended that you ride your own bike for the BRC 2 class. PROOF OF INSURANCE IS REQUIRED IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN VEHICLE. TRIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE BRC AND BRC2 COURSES, TWO WHEELS ONLY.
What else do I need to bring to class?
Bring yourself, BE ON TIME. Late arrivals, even a few minutes late, will be considered a NO SHOW and will be dropped from class. DRESS CORRECTLY. Students who do not dress correctly will be dropped from the class. All students must wear a helmet, full-fingered gloves, over the ankle boots, eye protection, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Brown’s can provide the helmet and gloves, if needed. If you have your own helmet (no half helmets allowed), gloves and jacket please wear them. All classes will be conducted if it rains. A rain suit would be good. A folding chair would be useful during breaks. Water jugs are allowed and encouraged.
How long do the classes last?
- Successful completion of an online eCourse is required for both courses. The eCourse can be taken up to a month in advance of the classroom and takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete. It is highly recommended that you complete this course ASAP.
- BRC is 5 hours of classroom and 10 hours of range time for 2 days
- BRC 2 is 8 hours of combined classroom and range time in 1 day
What about bad weather?
We conduct class if it rains. Plan to attend unless you receive a call telling you class has been cancelled due to weather. Remember, if you miss class your fee is non-refundable.
What if I don’t pass the class?
Students who do not pass the written or riding skills test will be given the opportunity to retest. Scheduling the retest is at the discretion of the Rider Coach. ALL DECISIONS BY THE RIDER COACHS ARE FINAL. We will work with you to promote your successful completion of the course. You must understand that safety for all is our #1 priority.
Why does Brown’s not have classes in the winter?
Brown’s is committed to making your motorcycle training experience top notch. We discontinue motorcycle training during the winter months because inclement weather affects safety and our instructors’ ability to give our students the finest instruction possible. We look forward to meeting your training needs beginning in the early spring.
Do you offer gift certificates for your programs?
Yes, you may purchase a gift certificate with the student’s name and program of choice. Motorcycle gift certificates must be used in the calendar year in which purchased and are non-refundable.