Figuring out the steps to getting a new driver trained and licensed can be complicated. Our goal at Brown’s Driving School is to simplify the licensing process by making it easy to understand and explaining the necessary actions in order to give parents and students a clear understanding.
Contact us when you’re ready to sign up, or if you have further questions.
Why Choose Browns?
- We have been in business since 1996. Driver Education is our flagship program.
- We have four convenient locations, all near Tag Agencies.
- Our offices are at permanent locations with a physical address.
- We will never charge extra fees for you to finish the course quickly. We will work with you to set a pace that meets your needs.
- We offer online scheduling for your convenience.
- We give the state driving test. Students who pass may go directly to a Tag Agency to get their license.
- Our classes utilize the latest teaching technologies.
- We provide every student a FREE Driver’s manual (a $8.60 value).
- Our students receive a Driving Instruction Report by email the day after every drive. Brown’s is the only school in the state offering comprehensive reports for parents and/or students to track their progress.
- We have over 30 state certified instructors, with the largest number of female instructors in the state. Many of our instructors are retired professionals with a wealth of experience.
the license process
Begin at Age 15
Students can take our driver education program at age 15, regardless of grade.
We have four convenient locations: Midwest City , Mustang / Yukon, Norman and South OKC / Moore … all located near Tag Agencies.
When registering you will be enrolled in our state certified driver education course.
Students begin with 10 hours of classroom instruction where the latest teaching technologies are used.
Students have unlimited access to our classes and may attend as often as they like or need to prepare for the written test.
To learn more about our 3-Phased Approach click here.
Classroom time is followed by 6 hours of one-on-one driving instruction – 3 drives of 2 hours each, with the student behind the wheel.
We pick up students at home, school, Brown’s offices, and special meeting locations for students outside our driving area.
Students will receive a Driving Instruction Report by email the day after every drive. Brown’s is the only school in the state offering comprehensive reports for parents and/or students to track their progress.
Obtain Learner's Permit
Once students have completed the classroom portion of our course and are 15 ½ or older they may obtain a Learner Permit at Service Oklahoma.
NEW : If the student has completed our program (10 hours classroom and 6 hours driving) the state written test can be waived.
State Driving Test on Site
We give the State Driving Test at Browns once students have met all requirements.
All of our locations are in close proximity to local tag agencies, making the step of getting a license in hand quick and convenient.
4 Metro Locations
12211 S Pennsylvania Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Use this address for all business mailings
Monday-Thursday: 9 am-4 pm
210 36th Ave SW #1D
Norman, OK 73072
Monday-Thursday: 9 am-4 pm
2839 S. Douglas Blvd, Suite 103
Midwest City, OK 73130
Tuesday: 9 am-2:30 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: Closed
120 E Trade Center Terrace, Suite 104
Mustang, OK 73064
Monday-Thursday: 9am to 4 pm